- This event has passed.
The Nuts & Bolts of SSI and SSDI, Public Health Insurance and Other Public Benefits
April 30 - May 1
DATE & LOCATION
April 30-May 1, 2019
MA Department of Mental Health
1 Prince Street
Northampton, MA 01060
Day 1: 8:30AM – 4:00PM
Day 2: 8:30AM – 12:30PM
$250.00 per person
Please note: Breakfast will be provided. Attendees are responsible for bringing or purchasing lunch.
This training focuses on how earnings from work affects SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare and other public benefits such as subsidized housing and food stamps. This training also includes an extensive review of the work incentives associated with each benefit and how they can be leveraged to assist individuals with disabilities to transition into employment or increase earnings without jeopardizing benefits. This training is geared toward employment professionals, case managers, peer specialists, and rehabilitation counselors. Participants should attend both days to gain a firm understanding.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Verify and differentiate the various disability benefits
- Inform clients of the rules to report work income
- Explain how work earnings will impact cash, healthcare and other public benefits
- Describe how Social Security work incentives can help working beneficiaries
- Direct clients to resources to address employment and benefit needs